The provision of “Instruction in Self-Advocacy” to a student with a disability (14-21), may include the support of a peer mentor, as one of five required Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS) funded by the 15% required minimal expenditure of the federal $3.6 billion national vocational rehabilitation (VR) annual budget.
- Job exploration counseling
- Work-based learning experiences, which may include in-school or after school opportunities, experiences outside of the traditional school setting, and/or internships
- Counseling on opportunities for enrollment in comprehensive transition or postsecondary educational programs
- Workplace readiness training to develop social skills and independent living
- Self-advocacy instruction including peer mentoring